LDC Unsung Hero Award.
Please note, the presentation of the Unsung hero award has been suspended for the current year. The Agenda Committee look forward to the presentation of this Award returning in 2021.
At the 2014 LDC Conference in Manchester, a motion was passed agreeing to a yearly award from the Conference to "unsung" heroes of the LDC world.
The Agenda Committee has created a structure for the judging of the award, as well as some guidelines for nominations, and invite LDCs to consider if they wish to nominate. Please use the form provided via the link below, and return as instructed on the form.
Guidelines for the Unsung Hero Award.
- Each LDC may submit one nominee per annum should they wish. The nominee should have the approval of the majority of the LDC.
- The nominee to be a dentist who has voluntarily served the LDC in an honorary position of Chair, Secretary or Treasurer, and has not gone on to national or other elected roles in the profession.
- The LDC nomination must be on the correct form [available at www.ldcuk.org/awards ] and submitted with signatures of LDC officers by post to Alexandra Cenic, BDA, 64 Wimpole Street, London W1G 8YS.
- Nominees may be submitted in subsequent years if not successful.
- Nominations will be invited from LDCs each winter by email using LDC Connections and other media.
Closing date for nominations is now Friday 3 April 2020
- The judging panel will be made up of the past LDC Conference Chair [who chairs this panel] and the two prior Chairs of Conference. Discussions will be made by electronic means and will be communicated to the LDC Agenda Committee for their April [or subsequent] meeting.
- The presentation will be in the form of a certificate, and will be made by the Conference Chair who will make a short oration on the night of the LDC Conference Dinner. Winner[s] will receive two tickets for the dinner. Travel and accommodation for the successful candidates to be funded by the nominating LDC.
- Apart from the first year, there will not normally be more than three recipients.